29 Jun Concrete Plant Supervisor – Perth, PH2 8BH
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Concrete Plant Supervisor covering our Perth unit. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day safe and efficient running of the concrete plant under your control.
- Liaising with the concrete operations team to ensure optimum manning levels are in place across the area.
- Promoting and complying with company Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- Ensuring all mixing equipment is maintained in line with company standards to ensure the plant maximises its output potential.
- To ensure all raw materials are ordered in a timely manner and input via the control systems to ensure accurate stock management.
- Responsibility for the accurate production and quality of Ready-mix products.
- Housekeeping of yard and stock areas.
- Maintain all safety and quality system checklists and reports
- Manage contractor and visitors inductions and permissions
As our Concrete Plant Manager, it is essential that you have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the construction industry.
- A commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Excellent communication skills when liaising with customers and suppliers.
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business when required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually as required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
- Full driving license.
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org