24 Apr HGV Mechanic – Hullerhill, KA13 7QN
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for a HGV Mechanic based at our Hullerhill Site. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Carry out and arrange routine and statutory inspections, maintenance and repairs to VOSA standards.
- Service scheduling and preparation of vehicles for MOT Testing.
- Fault finding and experience in vehicle diagnostics.
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure all vehicle records are maintained to the required standards.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure necessary parts are available.
- Tyre Management
As our HGV Mechanic, it is essential that you have:
- Extensive mechanical knowledge and experience working with HGV’s.
- Experience working with heavy plant equipment
- A willingness to work under pressure in a challenging, fast paced environment
- A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on their own initiative as required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
- Full driving license. Class 1 / 2 license would be advantageous but not essential.
- SVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Working towards equal opportunities and a diverse workforce
To apply please send a covering letter and CV, with the location you wish to apply, to email@example.com