07 Sep Laboratory Manager, Construction Materials – Central Scotland
Tillicoultry Quarries is a highly successful and fast-growing family-owned business that supplies aggregates, asphalt, cement, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and construction industry. We operate from 31 locations, covering Central Scotland, Teesside and East Anglia.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Manager based in the Central Belt of Scotland.
Main Purpose of the Job
Responsibility for the day-to-day management of our team of Laboratory Technicians ensuring all sampling and testing processes are performed in accordance with the quality manual and relevant National Standards.
- Ensuring sampling and testing is carried out on schedule and in accordance with Client instructions.
- Supervising the labelling and examination of test specimens.
- Arrange customer site testing.
- Issue of test certificates and/or reports to Quality & Technical Managers.
- Support and train Technicians to ensure that the laboratory equipment calibrations programme is maintained and completed.
- To ensure all company procedures and requirements for quality, health, safety and welfare are communicated between laboratory personnel.
- Support the Quality and Technical Managers in keeping abreast of technical developments and ensuring technical competence of the laboratory.
- Notify and assist the Quality and Technical Managers of any complaints or non-conformances and recommending and/or implementing corrective/preventive actions where appropriate.
- Support the Technical Manager to achieve the combined objectives of the quarries and laboratory.
- Supervise the production and delivery of concrete and asphalt to meet customer requirements.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade as determined by the Technical Manager.
Who we are looking for:
As our Laboratory Manager it is essential that you can demonstrate the following skills and knowledge.
- Excellent people management skills with a proven track record in motivating, coaching and developing people.
- A positive work attitude and team building approach.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, at all levels.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functions within our business to add value.
- Working knowledge of both Concrete and Asphalt Testing.
- Experience working in a similar role within the extractives industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a key role within a fast growing and successful business. We offer a competitive remuneration package and fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
Tillicoultry Quarries is an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com