01 Apr Maintenance Fitter – Tams Loup, ML7 5TN
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth, we are looking for a Maintenance Fitter based at our Hard Rock Quarry in Harthill. You will carry out planned, preventive and breakdown maintenance activities and repairs on our static plant.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
- Ensure all duties carried out to Company Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines
- Breakdown repair
- Defect repair
- Fault finding and Diagnosis
- Ensure Company Vehicle and Equipment maintained in a safe, clean and tidy state.
- Plant Inspection & Planned maintenance
The successful candidate:
It is essential that the successful candidate has:
- Experienced in a mechanical background
- Excellent Communication skills – able to communicate effectively in order to achieve results in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving skills – can identify the problem and generate a solution in a timely and cost effective manner
- Flexible approach to work – able to go that extra mile when required and revise approach to meet operational requirements
- Experience in using burning/cutting equipment
- Welding experience would be an advantage
SVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV tp firstname.lastname@example.org