30 Aug Materials Technician – Various Locations
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 31 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth and excellent opportunity has arisen for a Materials Technician. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well a part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Site sampling and physical testing of aggregates, concrete and road surfacing materials
- Ensure compliance of the above with performance and specification requirements
- Carry out trial mixes and testing
- Liaising directly with customers and colleagues as technical support.
- Calibrating plant and Laboratory testing equipment.
- Data entry onto control systems and reporting of results
- To conform with all site quality management systems and health and safety procedures
As our Materials Technician, it is essential that you have:
- A proven track record, although further training will be given to develop your skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and ability to follow procedures
- A willingness to work in a, fast paced environment
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business when required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually as required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
- Full driving licence.
We are currently recruiting to the following sites:
- Clydebridge, Rutherglen
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
Tillicoultry Quarries is an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com