08 Aug Mobile Plant Fitter – Northfield, FK6 6RB
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 31 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Plant Fitter based at our Northfield Site, maintaining our heavy earth moving equipment. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gain vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
- Ensure all duties carried out to Company Health and Safety Policy and Guidelines.
- Routine Servicing of the Mobile Equipment.
- Breakdown repair.
- Defect repair.
- Fault finding and Diagnosis.
- Ensure Company vehicles and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and tidy state.
The successful candidate
- Experience working in extractives environment.
- Experience maintaining a wide range of heavy earth moving, crushing & screening equipment including Caterpillar, Komatsu and Volvo, Metso, & Finlay.
- Qualified in all aspects of Mobile Plant Maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate effectively in order to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills – can identify the problem and generate a solution in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Flexible approach to work – able to go that extra mile when required and revise approach to meet operational requirements.
SVQ Level 3 in Construction Plant Maintenance is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
Tillicoultry Quarries is an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org