02 Sep Cement Plant Operator – Dundee, Tayside
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 32 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Cement Plant Operator based at our Dundee Cement Terminal. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties Include:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day safe and efficient operation of the mobile and fixed plant equipment including wheeled loader and tanker loading system
- Compliance with company operating procedures and safe systems of work
- General maintenance and inspection of all operating equipment
- Daily/weekly plant checks
- Support Cement vessel discharge operations ensuring availability to cover vessel loading window and Kavaco Contractors loading plan
- Monitoring all Environmental controls and equipment within the plant, recording and reporting any findings.
- Taking cement orders from internal and external customers
- Booking daily transport (internal & external) when required
- Taking cement samples from areas within the shed, recording and dispatch to 3rd party inspection house.
- General housekeeping tasks
As our Plant Operator, it is essential that you have:
- Competency on Wheeled Loader / Telehandler Operations with associated tickets
- A flexible approach to working hours during loading windows
- Some computer literacy
- Good Communication and record keeping skills
- A good mechanical aptitude
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
Tillicoultry Quarries is an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org