16 Nov Technical Manager (Concrete) – Kilbagie, FK10 4DY
Tillicoultry Quarries is a highly successful and fast-growing family-owned business that supplies aggregates, asphalt, cement, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and construction industry across Central Scotland, Teesside and East Anglia.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Manager with a strong knowledge of concrete to join our team. Our Technical Manager will report to the Head of Technical Operations and be based at our Head Office in Kincardine, Central Scotland.
- Assisting in the development and testing of new products and processes
- Monitoring and auditing product quality, checking compliance with company standards and reporting as necessary
- Assessing compliance of products to existing and developing standards or specifications
- Work in partnership with our commercial and operational teams
- Root cause analysis of non-conformance of materials at customer sites and assisting with investigating and addressing customer complaint
- Represent the business within industry association meetings, including participation in relevant technical committees
- Production of meaningful technical reports and KPI data
- Providing product knowledge training and support where required
- Carrying out routine internal audits and assisting with external audits
- Carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Technical Operations.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant industry experience, with a proven track record in a similar role
- High level of technical knowledge of construction materials, particularly concrete
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships, managing teams and positively influencing people
- Ability to communicate at all levels in business, build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and customers
- High level knowledge of industry standards and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to keep up to date with relevant industry developments
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Personal drive and motivation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and KiteMark certification.
This is an excellent opportunity within a fast-growing successful business. We offer a competitive renumeration package and fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org