14 Nov Trainee Materials Technician – Ely, CB7 4UB
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE WITH EXCELLENT DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO EARN UP TO £30,000 PER YEAR?
TQ NEEDS YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Tillicoultry Quarries is a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 31 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
As a family business we have a clear focus on our people. We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for Trainee Materials Technician based at our Ely laboratory. The successful candidates will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy environment.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
- Site sampling and physical testing of aggregates, concrete and road surfacing materials
- Ensure compliance of the above with performance and specification requirements
- Carry out trial mixes and testing
- Liaising directly with customers and colleagues as technical support.
- Calibrating plant and Laboratory testing equipment.
- Data entry onto control systems and reporting of results
- To conform with all site quality management systems and health and safety procedures
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU
- Be prepared to progress and develop within our business through training and gaining qualifications.
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business, and have a flexible approach to working hours.
- Be in possession of a full driving license.
- No experience necessary as full training will be given.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU IN RETURN
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced overtime rates
- Fully funded VQ – plus rate increase once VQ has been successfully completed!
- 30 days annual leave per year
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career development and internal progression
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business!
Take the first step towards your new career today by sending your CV to email@example.com