30 Aug Trainee Materials Technician – Various Locations
LOOKING FOR A CAREER CHANGE AND EXCELLENT DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED OR TRAINEE MATERIALS TECHNICIANS TO JOIN OUR TEAM
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 31 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
We have a committed and engaged team of over 250 employees working in a variety of different roles delivering a unique combination of quality materials and service excellence for our customers.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth and excellent opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Materials Technician based at our Northfield Site. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well a part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
Key Duties will include:
- Sampling and physical testing of aggregates, concrete and road surfacing materials
- Ensure compliance of the above with performance and specification requirements
- Liaising directly with customers and colleagues as technical support
- Site sampling, processing and testing ready-mix concrete.
- Laboratory equipment calibration.
- Administration of all laboratory reports.
- To conform with all site quality management systems and health and safety procedures.
Who we are looking for:
It is essential that successful candidates have:
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and ability to follow procedures.
- A willingness to work in a, fast paced environment
- A flexible approach to working hours and willingness to work regular overtime to meet the needs of the business when required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually as required.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to delivering quality standards to our customers.
- Full driving license.
Previous industry experience is desirable although not essential as full training will be provided
We are currently recruiting to the following sites:
- Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Northfield, Denny
- Tams Loup, Harthill
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
Tillicoultry Quarries is an accredited Scottish Living Wage employer.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org