11 Jan Trainee Weightbridge Operative – Ely CB7 4UB
We are a successful and fast-growing family-owned quarrying company and major supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, mortar, render and sports sand to the building and road construction industry. We operate at over 31 sites throughout Central Scotland, the North East of England and East Anglia.
Due to our continued success and rapid growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Weighbridge Operative at our Ely site. The successful candidate will be customer focused, reliable, well organised and be able to work well as part of a team in a busy site environment.
As a family business we focus on our people. We offer excellent training, development and career progression opportunities within our business.
We will provide you with an opportunity to gaining vocational qualifications within 12 months of starting employment with us!
We also offer job security, and regular overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil an important role within a fast growing and successful business.
Key Duties will include:
- Operating the weighbridge, matching and filing weighbridge tickets
- Dealing with general customer enquiries, i.e., orders, deliveries
- Assist with scheduling in line with customer delivery requirements
- General office administration, filing, data input, checking and responding to emails.
It is essential that successful candidate is:
- Prepared to progress and develop within our business through training and gaining qualifications
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- In possession of a full driving license
- Polite, professional and courteous approach to dealing with customers
- Flexible and willing to work overtime to meet the needs of the business when required
- Able to work as part of a team and individually as required
- Excellent organisational, time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent IT Skills, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Weighbridge experience from within the construction industry would be advantageous, but is not essential as training will be provided.
Please note that normal working hours for this position are 06:00 to 16:00 Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work expected.
Working towards a diverse workforce and equal opportunities
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com